The Carpenter : a Christmas story. / By the author of "The Ghost."
pages 55-90 ; 25 cm
- Whitman, Walt, 1819-1892.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- The hero of this story is said to be modelled on Walt Whitman.
Analyzed from Putnam's magazine of literature, science, art, and national interests, January 1868.
- Local notes:
- Whitman Collection copy has inscription, "To John Burroughs, this parable, by a friend, from a friend, and - perhaps of a friend. A.W.D. (Dimock) The Happy Valley, May 6, 1916." With a note "Given by J.B. to C.B. He reread it with me and my niece + nephew, at The Nest in 1916." signed "C.B." (Clara Barrus).
Whitman Collection copy purchased by the Penn Libraries in 1942 from Mrs. Frank Julian Sprague.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sprague, Harriet Chapman Jones, 1876-1969 (former owner) (Whitman Collection copy)
Barrus, Clara, 1864-1931 (former owner) (Whitman Collection copy)
Burroughs, John, 1837-1921 (former owner) (Whitman Collection copy)
Dimock, A. W. (Anthony Weston), 1842-1918 (inscription) (Whitman Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Sprague, Harriet Chapman Jones, 1876-1969 former owner.
Barrus, Clara, 1864-1931 former owner.
Burroughs, John, 1837-1921 former owner.
Dimock, A. W. (Anthony Weston), 1842-1918 inscriber.
Walt Whitman Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Mrs. Frank Julian Sprague Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Contained In:
- Putnam's magazine of literature, science, art, and national interests vol. 1, no. 1 (January 1868)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|