Bion and Meltzer's expeditions into unmapped mental life : beyond the spectrum in psychoanalysis / Avner Bergstein.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2019.
- Psychoanalytic field theory book series.
Psychoanalytic field theory book series
xvi, 203 pages ; 25 cm.
- Bion, Wilfred R. (Wilfred Ruprecht), 1897-1979.
Psychoanalysis -- Philosophy.
- "Drawing on the influential contributions of Wilfred Bion and Donald Meltzer to psychoanalysis, Bion and Meltzer's Expeditions into Unmapped Mental Life explores and addresses the clinical implications of their work, both through revisiting several of their conceptions as well as illustrating them through detailed clinical material from the analyses of children, adolescents and adults. Psychoanalysis strives towards truth; this is its essence. However, emotional truth is often unknowable and not amenable to verbal communication. This ineffable mental realm is at the heart of both Bion and Meltzer's psychoanalytic endeavours. Bion's writings reflect a developmental stage in the evolution of psychoanalysis, extending clinical work to mental realms that were seemingly unreachable. Donald Meltzer further infuses Bion's thinking with his own original notions of beauty and aesthetics, imbuing Bion's profound thinking with a poetic and lyrical tenor. Writing in a clear and lucid manner, Avner Bergstein integrates Bion's sometimes highly theoretical thinking with everyday clinical practice, to facilitate his dense and condensed formulations and make them clinically accessible and useful. Bion and Meltzer's Expeditions into Unmapped Mental Life is written for psychoanalysts and psychoanalytically oriented psychotherapists who are attracted to Bion and Meltzer's radical thinking"-- Provided by publisher.
- The psychotic part of the personality : Bion's expeditions into unmapped mental life
Transcending the caesura : reverie, dreaming and counterdreaming
Beyond the spectrum : fear of breakdown, catastrophic change and the unrepressed unconscious
On boredom : a close encounter with encapsulated parts of the psyche
Attacks on linking or a drive to communicate? Tolerating the paradox
The painful vicissitudes of the patient's love : transference-love and the aesthetic conflict
Obsessionality : modulating the encounter with emotional truth and the aesthetic object
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other format:
- Online version: Bergstein, Avner, 1960- author. Bion and Meltzer's expeditions into unmapped mental life
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|