Adventures in archaeology : the wreck of the Orca II and other explorations / P.J. Capelotti.
- Gainesville, FL : University Press of Florida, 
xvii, 244 pages ; 23 cm
- Jaws (Motion picture : 1975).
Aircraft accidents -- History.
- This collection of essays, written over nearly 25 years, traces the development of the archaeologies of shoreline, sea, air, and space, to reveal how the expansion of human culture has created unique archaeological signatures written on the global landscape, and how the cultural history of humans can be read from these material transformations.
- Preface: Time and the river
Shoreline and shallows archaeology
The last logbook of the Orca II
The throwaway society in the mudflats
Airship underwater: in search of the USS Akron
The archaeological shorelines of the high north
The elusive island
The origins of the raft
Thor Heyerdahl and the theory of the archaeological raft
Eric de Bisschop and the response to Kon-Tiki
The airship hangar at the top of the world
A rock in the fuselage
The TB-3 on Rudolf Island
Space, the final (archaeological) frontier
Surveying Fermi's paradox, mapping Dyson's sphere
Measuring the mountains of the moon
Mobile artifacts in the solar system and beyond
Epilog: Back down to earth, in search of Pedro.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|