General orders by Major General the Honourable William Howe [electronic resource] : from ...
- Other Title:
- Title on publisher's website: Orderly book of Stephen Kemble
Genl. orders from ...
- American history, 1493-1945.
1 online resource (5 volume)
- Great Britain. Army -- Colonial forces -- United States -- Order-books.
United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- British forces.
American loyalists -- Early works to 1800.
Order-books -- New York (State) -- New York -- Facsimiles.
Manuscripts, American -- New York (State) -- New York -- Facsimiles.
- These orders were recorded by Lieutenant Colonel Kemble, a New Jersey Loyalist. They include information relating to the occupation of Boston, New York and Philadelphia, as well as the battles of White Plains and Monmouth, and the captures of Forts Washington and Lee. Kemble's books record copies of Howe's and Sir Henry Clinton's general orders, transmitted from Philadelphia, and also general orders issued by the commanders in New York. There are some gaps in coverage.
- v. 1. Genl. orders from 15th Novr. 1775 to 11th March 1776
volume 2. Genl. orders from 12th March to 29th June 1776
volume 3. General orders for 6th Octr. 1776 to 28th January 1777
volume 4. Genl. orders from 20th June 1777 to 19th Novemr. 1777
volume 5. Lieut. Col. Kemble. General orders commencing 23rd February and ending the 5th July 1778.
Electronic reproduction. Marlborough, England : Adam Matthew Digital, c2014. (American history, 1493-1945. Module 1, Settlement, commerce, revolution and reform, 1493-1859)
- Howe, William Howe, Viscount, 1729-1814.
Clinton, Henry, Sir, 1738?-1795.
Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History.
Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|