Insiang / Inihahandog ng Cinemanila Corporation ; in-charge of production, Rogelio B. Pasicolan ; story, Mario O'Hara, Lamberto Antonio ; direction, Lino Brocka. Mysterious object at noon = Dokfa nai meuman / the Hubert Bals Fund ; in association with 9/6 Cinema Factory and Firecracker Film Co., Ltd. present ; producers, Gridthiya Gaweewing, Mingmongkol Sonakul ; conceived and edited by Apichatpong Weerasethakul.
- Other Title:
- Dokfa nai meuman
- Dual-format edition.
- [United States] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection ; 874-875.
Martin Scorsese's world cinema project ; no. 2.
The Criterion collection ; 874-875
Martin Scorsese's world cinema project
1 videodisc (approximately 94 min., approximately 83 min.) : sound, color and black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Victims of crimes -- Drama.
Mothers and daughters -- Philippines -- Drama.
Revenge -- Drama.
Crimes of passion -- Philippines -- Drama.
Slums -- Philippines -- Drama.
Documentary films -- Production and direction -- Drama.
Storytelling -- Thailand -- Drama.
Thailand -- Social life and customs.
Crimes of passion.
Documentary films -- Production and direction.
Mothers and daughters.
Victims of crimes
- Feature films.
Detective and mystery films.
Melodramas (Motion pictures)
Motion pictures, Philippine.
Motion pictures, Thai.
Motion pictures, Dutch.
- (Insiang) In Tagalog; optional subtitles in English; production credits in English.
(Mysterous object at noon) In Thai with subtitles in English; production credits in Thai and English.
- System Details:
- Blu-ray disc, Region A; full screen (1.37:1 aspect ratio) (Insiang) and widescreen (1.60:1 aspect ratio) (Mysterious object at noon) presentations; Dolby Digital monaural (Insiang); 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio (Mysterious object at noon).
digital optical monaural Dolby Digital
digital optical surround DTS-HD Master Audio
full screen (1.37:1)
video file Blu-Ray region A
- Insiang: Insiang leads a quiet life dominated by household duties, but after she is raped by her mother's lover and abandoned by the young man who claims to care for her, she exacts vicious revenge.
Mysterious object at noon: An uncategorizable work that refracts documentary impressions of director Apichatpong Weerasethakul's homeland through the surrealist concept of the exquisite corpse game.
- (Insiang): Hilda Kolonel, Mona Lisa, Ruel Vernal, Rez Cortez.
(Mysterious object at noon): Djuangjai Hirunsri, Kongkiat Khomsiri, Saisiri Xoomsai.
- (Insiang): Director of photography, Conrado Baltazar; editor, Augusto Salvador; music, Minda D. Azarcon.
(Mysterious object at noon): Cinematographer, Prasong Klinborrom; editors, Tony Morias, Apichatpong Weerasethakul.
- Titles from title frames.
Videodisc release of the motion pictures produced in 1976 (Insiang) and 2000 (Mysterious object at noon).
Special features: new 4k digital restoration of "Insiang" and "Mysterious object at noon", presented courtesy of the World Cinema Project in collaboration with the Cineteca di Bologna; new introductions by Martin Scorsese; new interview with director Apichatpong Weerasethakul on "Mysterious object at noon".
- Local notes:
- Issued by the publisher as part of a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack. University of Pennsylvania Libraries have cataloged these discs separately. Accompanying book is shelved with DVD of Insiang (Van Pelt Video / DVD / 031 / 447). For other titles in this set, search under series title (Martin Scorsese's world cinema project, no. 2).
- Brocka, Lino, 1939-1991, film director.
Pasicolan, Rogelio B., film producer.
O'Hara, Mario, 1941- screenwriter.
Antonio, Lamberto E., screenwriter.
Koronel, Hilda, actor.
Lisa, Mona, actor.
Vernal, Ruel, actor.
Cortsz, Rez, actor.
Azarcon, Minda B., composer (expression)
Cinemanila Corporation, film production company.
Apichatpong Weerasethakul, 1970- film director.
Gridthiya Gaweewong, film producer.
Sonakul, Mingmongkol, film producer.
Hirunsri, Djuangjai, actor.
Khomsiri, Kongkiat, actor.
Xoomsai, Saisiri, actor.
Hubert Bals Fund, film production company.
9/6 Cinema Factory (Firm), film production company.
Criterion Collection (Firm), publisher.
- Mysterious object at noon
- Publisher Number:
- 715515198219 (set)
CC2759BDDVD The Criterion Collection (set)
CC2759BDDVD-1 The Criterion Collection (Blu-ray disc)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|