Specimen days in America / by Walt Whitman.
- Newly revised by the author, with fresh preface and additional note.
- London : Walter Scott ..., [not before 1892]
- Newcastle-on-Tyne : Printed by Walter Scott ...
- Scott library (London, England)
The Scott library ; 
, vi-x, , 14-312,  pages ; 18 cm
- American Civil War (1861-1865).
United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives.
Publishers' advertisements -- England -- London -- 19th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
England Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Published in 1882-83 under title: Specimen days & Collect.
Variant of Myerson's fourth issue (A 11.2.a4) with  pages of advertisements at end as in Myerson's first issue (A 11.2.a1).
Place of printing and printer's name from colophon on page 312.
Title leaf dated 1887; terminus post quem for publication date from Myerson. "The title of the Camelot Series was changed to the Scott Library in February 1892"--Myerson.
Series statement from cover; volume number from Myerson.
Myerson notes 3 binding styles ("A"-"C"). For a full description of each, see Myerson page 228.
- Local notes:
- Whitman Collection copy has yellow paper slip with manuscript notes in pencil laid in.
Whitman Collection copy purchased by the Penn Libraries in 1944 from Mrs. Frank Julian Sprague.
Whitman Collection copy has autograph ("J.W Wallace. Anderton, near Chorley") in pencil on front free endpaper.
Whitman Collection copy bound in Myerson binding style "A".
- Penn Provenance:
- Sprague, Harriet Chapman Jones (former owner) (Whitman Collection copy)
Wallace, J. W. (James William), 1853-1926 (autograph) (Whitman Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- 1892 (not before)
- Cited in:
- Myerson, J., Walt Whitman, A 11.2.a4 (variant), page 224-230
- Sprague, Harriet Chapman Jones, 1876-1969, former owner.
Wallace, J. W. (James William), 1853-1926, former owner.
Walter Scott Publishing Co., publisher.
Walter Scott Publishing Co., printer.
Walt Whitman Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Mrs. Frank Julian Sprague Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|