Lucifer of Cagliari and the text of 1-2 Kings / Tuukka Kauhanen.
- Atlanta : SBL Press, 
- Septuagint and cognate studies series ; no. 68.
Septuagint and cognate studies ; number 68
xv, 426 pages ; 23 cm.
- Bible. Kings -- Criticism, Textual.
Bible. Kings -- Criticism, interpretation, etc. -- History -- Early church, ca. 30-600.
Lucifer, Bishop of Cagliari, -approximately 370.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Includes some text in Latin with parallel English translation.
- "The textual history of the Hebrew Bible is complex, and the books of 1 and 2 Kings present one of the most challenging cases. Together with Hebrew and Greek sources, the Latin witnesses are of utmost importance. A useful fourth-century Latin witness is Lucifer of Cagliari, who in his writings extensively quotes from Kings and occasionally includes readings that go back to now-lost Greek and Hebrew texts. In this book, Tuukka Kauhanen compares Lucifer's quotations with all known textual material for Kings. In addition to establishing Lucifer's position as one of the best textual witnesses, the study resolves a number of problems concerning the oldest form of the text of the Books of Kings" -- Provided by publisher.
- Lucifer's readings in the nonkaige section
Lucifer's readings in the kaige section
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 405-415) and indexes.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|