Theo Eissens : Linea Recta from A to B / [text, Mischa Andriessen ... [et al.]].
- Other Title:
- Linea Recta from A to B
- Venlo, The Netherlands : Van Spijk, 
95 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 25 cm.
- Eissens, Theo, 1952-2015 -- Exhibitions.
- Parallel texts in English and Dutch.
- On 22 March 2015 the exhibition Theo Eissens - Berlin Calling opened at the Livingstone gallery with a series of new works: unique silkscreened images on canvas of abandoned and burdened places in and around Berlin. Berlin played an important role in the life of Theo Eissens (Amsterdam 1952-2015). The title of this publication refers to the frequent trips he made from Amsterdam to Berlin and vice versa, and the recurrent long and short periods he lived and worked there, starting in 1992. My first encounter in 2001 with Theo's work were his extraordinary etchings (sometimes mixed with silkscreen) that he printed in Berlin at the world-renowned Druckwerkstatt Bethanien. This is also where he exhibited with artists like A.R. Penck and Bruce McLean (1996, Galerie im Parlement, Druckwerkstatt Bethanien, Berlin) and was able to immerse himself in German (art)history. In 2004 his focus shifted from prints on paper to works on canvas and wood panel. His 'new' concept involved photography combined with abstract and geometric shapes in acrylic paint. His extensive experience with printing techniques enabled him to use a silkscreen to literally transfer a photograph onto canvas and merge the image with parts painted in acrylic.
- Catalog of an exhibition held at the Livingstone Gallery.
- Andriessen, Mischa, 1970-
Livingstone Gallery (Hague, Netherlands)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|