Netley Abbey : a Gothic story : in two volumes ...
- Baltimore : Printed by S. Sower, for George Keatinge's Wholesale and Retail Book-store ..., 1796.
2 v. ; 15 cm (12mo)
- byn. n.ed ayg- onre (3) 1796 (A) v.1
ishe ."d- n.l- thma (3) 1796 (A) v.2
- Netley Abbey -- Fiction -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- History -- Edward I, 1272-1307 -- Fiction -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- History -- Edward II, 1307-1327 -- Fiction -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Maryland Baltimore.
- Singer-Mendenhall copy cataloged from imperfect copy: v. 2: all after leaf F4 wanting.
Written by Richard Warner. Cf. ESTC T124770 and N4242.
Signatures: v. 1: A-F¹²/⁶ G1 ; v. 2: A¹²(-A12) B-E⁶/¹² F1-4[+].
Pagination: v. 1: 110 p. ; v. 2: 102[+] p.
- Local notes:
- RBC copy bound in 1 volume.
RBC copy: v. 2 has early ms. note ("FINIS") at foot of leaf F4v.
RBC copy purchased for the Penn Libraries in 2018 from Panoply Books.
RBC copy: v. 1 has early ms. ownership inscription ("Maria Louisa Frank s") at head of title leaf.
RBC copy: v. 1: portion of fore-edge margin of leaf C10 torn off.
RBC copy v. 2: head outer corner of leaf D1 torn off with loss of page numbers and minor loss of text; portion of fore-edge margin of leaf D5 torn off with minor loss of text.
- Penn Provenance:
- Frank, Maria Louisa (former owner) (inscription) (RBC copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Sower, Samuel, 1767-1820, printer.
Keatinge, George, -1811?, bookseller.
Collection of British and American Fiction, 1660-1830 (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|