Luigi Valadier / Alvar González-Palacios ; with an introduction by Xavier F. Salomon.
- New York : The Frick Collection ; London : In association with D Giles Limited, 2018.
544 pages : color illustrations ; 32 cm
- Italy -- Rome.
Valadier, Luigi, 1726-1785 -- Exhibitions.
Valadier, Luigi, 1726-1785.
Silverwork -- Italy -- Rome -- History -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Of the many artists who flourished in Rome during the eighteenth century, the silversmith Luigi Valadier (1726-1785) was particularly admired by popes, royalty, and aristocrats across Europe. Luigi Valadier: Splendor in Eighteenth-Century Rome, co-curated by Alvar González-Palacios and Xavier F. Salomon, will bring together more than sixty extradordinary works by the renowned silversmith in celebration of his unsurpassed technical expertise and avant-garde aesthetic.
- Director's foreword
Introduction / Xavier F. Salomon
The Valadier family
Colored stones and gilt metal
Works for the Museo profano
Furnishings and decoration
Giuseppe Valadier and the end of the workshop
Models from the Valadier Registro generale of 1810
- Published in conjunction with the exhibition Luigi Valadier: Splendor in 18th-Century Rome, on view at the Frick Collection, October 30, 2018 - January 20, 2019.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 530-537) and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Lawrence H. Herring Memorial Fund.
- Lawrence H. Herring Memorial Fund.
Salomon, Xavier F., 1979- writer of introduction.
Frick Collection, issuing body, host institution.
- Valadier, Luigi, 1726-1785. Works. Selections.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|