Advancements in the philosophy of design / Pieter E. Vermaas, Stéphane Vial, editors.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing,  , ©2018
- Design Research Foundations. 2366-4622
Design Research Foundations, 2366-4622
vii, 564 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), facsimiles, plans ; 24 cm.
- Design -- Philosophy.
Industrial design -- Philosophy.
Sustainable design -- Philosophy.
Engineering design -- Philosophy.
Architectural design -- Philosophy.
- "This volume presents 25 essays on the philosophy of design. With contributions originating from philosophy and design research, and from product design to architecture, it gives a rich spectrum of state of the art research and brings together studies on philosophical topics in which design plays a key role and design research to which philosophy contributes. Coverage zooms in on specific and more well-known design disciplines but also includes less-studied disciplines, such as graphic design, interior architecture and exhibition design. In addition, contributors take up traditional philosophical issues, such as epistemology, politics, phenomenology and philosophy of science. Some essays cover philosophical issues that emerge in design, for instance what design can do in addressing societal problems, while other essays analyze main-stream philosophical issues in which design is part of the argument, as for instance abduction and aesthetics. Readers will discover new research with insightful analyses of design research, design thinking and the specificity of design. Overall, this comprehensive overview of an emerging topic in philosophy will be of great interest to researchers and students"--Back cover.
- I. Design concepts
II. Design thinking
III. Design aesthetics, design phenomenology
IV. Design research, design epistemology
V. Design, sustainability, and ecology
VI. Design, politics, and society.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Vermaas, Pieter E., editor.
Vial, Stéphane, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|