Growing unequal? : income distribution and poverty in OECD countries.
- Other Title:
- Income distribution and poverty in OECD countries
- Paris : OECD, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, ©2008.
- Government document
308 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
Income distribution -- OECD countries.
Poverty -- OECD countries.
Inkomstfördelning -- OECD-länderna.
Fattigdom -- OECD-länderna.
- Text in English, with summary also in French.
- Growing Unequal? brings together a range of analyses on the distribution of economic resources in OECD countries. The evidence on income distribution and poverty covers, for the first time, all 30 OECD countries in the mid-2000s, while information on trends extending back to the mid-1980s is provided for around two-thirds of the countries. The report also describes inequalities in a range of domains (such as household wealth, consumption patterns, in-kind public services) that are typically excluded from conventional discussion about the distribution of economic resources among individuals and households. Precisely how much inequality there is in a society is not determined randomly, nor is it beyond the power of governments to change, so long as they take note of the sort of up-to-date evidence included in this report.
- The Distribution of household income in OECD countries : what are its main features?
Changes in demography and living arrangements : are they widening the distribution of household income?
Earnings and income inequality : understanding the links
How much redistribution do governments achieve? : the role of cash transfers and household taxes
Poverty in OECD countries : an assessment based on static income
Does income poverty last over time? : evidence from longitudinal data
Non-income poverty : what can we learn from indicators of material deprivation?
Intergenerational mobility : does it offset or reinforce income inequality?
Publicly-provided services : how do they change the distribution of households' economic resources?
How is household wealth distributed? : evidence from the Luxembourg wealth study
Inequality in the distribution of economic resources : how it has changed and what governments can do about it.
- Also published in French under the title: Croissance et inégalités : distribution des revenus et pauvreté dans les pays de l'OCDE.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
- Publisher Number:
81 2008 05 1 P
- Access Restriction:
- Licensed electronic resource available to Carleton faculty, staff and students.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|