Asante-Akyem Odumase : a historical perspective / by Nana Kofi Antwi II (Odumasehene & Nifahene of Juaben-Asante).
- [Ghana] : [publisher not identified], 
- [Accra, Ghana] : Printed by the Advent Press, 
xxx, 262 pages : illustrations, maps, portraits ; 21 cm
- Ashanti Region (Ghana) -- History.
Ghana -- History.
Ashanti (African people) -- History.
Akyem (African people) -- History.
Akyem (African people).
Ashanti (African people).
Ghana -- Ashanti Region.
- "The book was written with five specific purposes. Firstly, it is to help the reader identifies and appreciates the role played by the Founder ofAsante Akyem Odumase -Nana Mumuanor Ampam and subsequent chiefs in shaping the community to its present status. Secondly, the purpose is to assist the reader to identify, learn and appreciate the customs and practice oftheAkans of Ghana. Thirdly, the book is to inform the reader about Asante Akyem Odumase serving as the location of the maiden Secondary School - Konongo-Odumase Secondary School (now Konongo-Odumase Senior High School) in Asante Akyem, whose products have made and continued to make tremendous contributions towards national development in diverse ways. The fourth purpose of the book is to inform the reader about the contributions made by the various religious organizations in the community and its surrounding villages and how their activities have impacted on the lives of the inhabitants. Fifthly and the last purpose of the book is to advertise to the reader, some of the economic, tourism and investment potentials in Asante Akyem Odumase as well as sporting activities since the era of the soccer legendary, C.K Gyamfi."--Page 4 of cover.
The founding of Asante-Akyem Odumase. Migration of Mumuanor Ampam's sisters from Asawuo ; Lineage of the Ohemeng Mensah & Oduro Kofi Stool ; Nana Kofi Antwi II (2006- ) ; Succession to the Queenmother's Stool ; Akwasidae ; Historical perspective of Odumasehene's elders ; Odumasehene's traditional ties with the family of Opanin Twumase of Juaben
Akan traditional government. Key palace roles and responsibilities ; Functions of other leaders ; Oath of allegiance
Religions. Catholicism ; Protestantism ; Pentecostalism ; Charistmatic churches ; Spiritual churches ; Muzama Disco Christo Church (M.D.C.C.) ; Islam ; Faith-based organisations in socio-economic development
Education. Basic education ; Secondary education ; Vocational & technical education
Culture, tourism & sport. Historical sites and buildings ; Hospitality ; Sports
Economic resources & investment potential. Agriculture ; Mining in Asante Akyem ; Asante-Akyem Rural Bank, Odumase agency
Appendix A: Occupants of the Odumase Stool
Appendix B: Queenmothers of Odumase
Appendix C: Selected appellation of Odumase chiefs
Appendix D: Odumase Stool emblem.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 246-252) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|