Ford Madox Brown; a record of his life and work, by Ford M. Hueffer.
- Other records:
- London, New York, Longmans, Green, 1896.
xx, 459 p. illus., plates, ports. 24 cm.
- Brown, Ford Madox, 1821-1893.
Artists -- Great Britain -- Biography.
Gold tooled bindings (Binding)
Pictorial cloth bindings (Binding) -- 1896.
Signed bindings (Binding) -- Crane -- 1896.
- Parentage, 1735-1821
Early recollections and student life, 1821-1840
Principally in Clipstone Street, 1846-1849
Newman Street, 1850-1851
Madox Brown's work
- Appendix A: Madox Brown as a teacher: p. 425-431.
Appendix B: A list of Madox Brown's more important works: p. 432-444.
Appendix C: Catalogue of some of Madox Brown's designs for stained glass: p. -447.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Bound in light beige cloth with floral design and title in green, blue, red, and gold on front cover. Cover signed by Walter Crane. Text in gold on spine.
Athenaeum copy: Gift: Koblenzer.
Athenaeum copy: Handwritten inscription on first page: "Kate B. Dennett, From her Mother & Father, Florence & Fred, with best Birth-day wishes. Feb 14th 1900."
- Cited in:
- Ford Madox Ford and visual culture, p. 
- Crane, Walter, 1845-1915,. , Binding designer
Koblenzer Collection (Athenaeum of Philadelphia)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|