Down historic waterways; six hundred miles of canoeing upon Illinois and Wisconsin rivers.
- Other records:
- 2d ed. rev., with new preface and with full-paged illustrations from photographs.
- Chicago, A. C. McClurg & co., 1902.
300 p. illus. 20 cm.
- Canoes and canoeing.
Wisconsin -- Description and travel.
Wisconsin River (Wis.).
- Pictorial cloth bindings (Binding) -- 1902.
Signed bindings (Binding) -- 1902.
- Preface to the second edition
The winding Yahara
The barbed-wire fences
An Illinois prarie home
The half-way house
Grand detour folks
An ancient mariner
Storm bound at erie
The last day out
From Packwaukee to berlin
The land of the winnebagoes
The bay settlement
Alone in the wilderness
The last of the sacs
A panoramic view
Floating through fairyland
The discovery of the mississippi
Table of distances
- First published under title: Historic waterways.
Cover design signed with an "H" for Frank Hazenplug.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: "Gold and black in green cloth. Hazenplug used similar typography and the gold sun on both Thwaites titles, but the treatment of the landscape is quite different on each" -- Minsky.
Athenaeum copy: Livezey Fund bookplate.
- Cited in:
- Minsky, Richard. American decorated publisher's bindings, 1872-1929 (electronic resource), v. 1, pg. 15
- Hazenplug, Frank, 1874-1931. , Binding designer
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|