Uncle Tom's cabin; or, The history of a Christian slave. By Harriet Beecher Stowe. With an introduction by Elihu Burritt. Illustrated by sixteen engravings by Johnston, from original designs by Anelay. [Verbatim from the American edition.]
- Other records:
- London, Partridge and Oakey ; Saunders & Otley, 1852.
xiv p., 1 |., 524 p. illus. 22 cm.
- Uncle Tom (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
Master and servant -- Fiction.
Fugitive slaves -- Fiction.
Plantation life -- Fiction.
Slavery -- Fiction.
Slaves -- Fiction.
Southern States -- Fiction.
- Didactic fiction.
Gilt edges (Binding)
Pictorial cloth bindings (Binding) -- 1852.
- Added t.-p., engr. signed by Henry Anelay.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Bound in blue cloth. Stamped in gilt with an image of a man in shackles below an American flag, surrounded by a border of ivy and chains.
Athenaeum copy: Exhibited: "Calvin in America," at the International Museum of the Reformation in Geneva, Switzerland, 2020-2021.
Athenaeum copy: Gift: Koblenzer.
Athenaeum copy: Inscribed on flyleaf: "Margaret Izard / A gift of her father."
- Anelay, Henry, 1817-1883. , Illustrator
Burritt, Elihu, 1810-1879 , Author of introduction, etc.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|