Major John Garrett, slain July 3, 1778 : a forgotten hero of the massacre of Wyoming, Pennsylvania / by Rev. Horace Edwin Hayden ...
- Wilkes-Barre, Pa. : E.B. Yordy, printer, 1895.
24 p. ; 24 cm.
- Garrett, John, 1727-1778.
Connecticut. Militia. Regiment, 24th.
Wyoming Massacre, 1778.
United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Campaigns.
- Evidence that the Major Jonathan Waite Garrett mentioned by the historians of the Wyoming Massacre was John Garrett, Major of the 24th Conn. Militia.
Roll of officers of the regiment is given.
Genealogy: p. 20-24.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy is bequest of George Vaux, 1996.
Athenaeum copy: The Vaux bequest of 1996 consists of books from the library of the prominent Philadelphia Quaker family established in America by James Vaux (1748-1812), who emigrated in 1771. Most of the books are inscribed by George Vaux VII (1779-1836), George Vaux VIII (1832-1915), George Vaux IX (1863-1927), and the donor George Vaux (1908-1996).
- Vaux, George, 1908-1996. , Former owner
Yordy, E. B.,. , Printer
Vaux Bequest. , Donor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|