An outline of a course of architectural instruction. / By William R. Ware, professor of architecture in the school of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. ; Printed for private distribution..
- Other Title:
- Outline of the course of instruction in building and architecture
- Boston: : Press of John Wilson and Sons., 1866.
36 p. ; 24 cm.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Curricula.
Architecture -- Instruction and study.
- Caption title: An outline of the course of instruction in building and architecture, proposed for the school of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
"The following paper was read before the Society of Arts of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology on the evening of Dec. 21, 1865 ... It is hoped that in its present shape it may not only serve to make the character of the proposed course of architectural instruction more widely known ... but, especially, that it may be the means of securing for the scheme in advance the criticism to which it must at some time be subjected ... The architects, and others, to whom this pamphlet is sent, will accordingly do a great kindness to the writer ... if they will favor him with the opinions they may form ..."--Note, p. .
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Gift of Robert L. Raley/Carpenters' Company Collection.
Athenaeum copy: Bound in original tan printed paper wrappers; housed in protective folder.
- Cited in:
- Hitchcock, H.R. Amer. architectural books, 1330
- Raley, Robert L. , Former owner
John Wilson and Son. , Printer
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|