The writings of John Dickinson, Vol. 1. Political writings, 1764-1774 / edited at the request of The Historical Society of Pennsylvania, by Paul Leicester Ford.
- Other Title:
- Political writings, 1764-1774
- Philadelphia : The Historical Society of Pennsylvania, 1895.
- Memoirs of the Historical Society of Pennsylvania v. 14.
Memoirs of The Historical Society of Pennsylvania ; vol. XIV
xxii, 501 p. : ill., port. ; 26 cm.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1775-1783.
Pennsylvania -- Politics and government -- To 1775.
- Speech on a petition for a change of government of the colony of Pennsylvania, May 24, 1764
A protest against a resolution of the Assembly of Pennsylvania for petitioning the king to change the colony of Pennsylvania from a proprietary to a royal government, May 28, 1764
A petition to the king from the inhabitants of Pennsylvania, July, 1764
A reply to the speech of Joseph Galloway, September 4, 1764
An answer to Joseph Galloway, September 29, 1764
A receipt to make a speech, October, 1764
A protest against the appointment of Benjamin Franklin as agent for the colony of Pennsylvania, October 26, 1764
Observations on Mr. Franklin's remarks on a late protest, November, 1764
Resolutions adopted by the Assembly of Pennsylvania relative to the Stamp Act, September 21, 1765
The Declaration of Rights adopted by the Stamp Act Congress, October 19, 1765
A petition to the king from the Stamp Act Congress, October 19, 1765
An address to the "friends and countrymen" on the Stamp Act, November, 1765
The late regulations respecting the British colonies considered, December 7, 1765
An address to the Committee of Correspondence in Barbados, 1766
Letters of a farmer in Pennsylvania, 1768
An address read at a meeting of merchants to consider non-importation, April 25, 1768
A song for American freedom, July, 1768
Letter to the Philadelphia merchants concerning non-importation, July, 1768
A petition from the Assembly of Pennsylvania to the king, March 9, 1771
Two letters on the Tea Tax, November, 1773
Letters to the inhabitants of the British Colonies, May, 1774.
- Half-title: "Publications of the Historical Society of Pennsylvania. Life and writings of John Dickinson. vol. II." vol. I being "The life and times of John Dickinson, 1732-1808 ... Prepared by Charles J. Stillé ... 1891." (Memoirs of the Historical Society of Pennsylvania. vol. XIII)
The "Writings" as planned were to appear in 3 volumes.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy is bequest of George Vaux, 1996.
Athenaeum copy: The Vaux bequest of 1996 consists of books from the library of the prominent Philadelphia Quaker family established in America by James Vaux (1748-1812), who emigrated in 1771. Most of the books are inscribed by George Vaux VII (1779-1836), George Vaux VIII (1832-1915), George Vaux IX (1863-1927), and the donor George Vaux (1908-1996).
- Ford, Paul Leicester, 1865-1902. , Editor
Historical Society of Pennsylvania.
Vaux, George, 1908-1996. , Former owner
Vaux Bequest. , Donor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|