Swami Vivekananda : an introspect / a film by Aloke Banerjee & Jaydip Banerjee ; script & direction, Aloke Banerjee, Jaydip Mukherjee ; research and text, Sankarlal Bhattacharya.
- Other Title:
- Title on container and disc label: Swami Vivekanand
- New Delhi : Public Diplomacy Division, Ministry of External Affairs : Distributed by Magic Lantern Movies LLP, 2011.
- Government document
1 videodisc (approximately 28 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Vivekananda, Swami, 1863-1902.
Hindus -- Biography.
Ramakrishna Mission -- Biography.
- Documentary films.
- In Bengali, Arabic and Spanish with narration in English throughout.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, NTSC, Region 1; full screen (1.33:1 aspect ratio) presentation.
full screen (1.33:1)
video file DVD-R video region 1
- "Swami Vivekanand's life was a perennial exploration of the truth about man and his place in the unknowable expanse of the Universe. Deeply influenced by the writings of John Stuart Mill and Herbert Spencer, Swami Vivekanand sought to refine his inherited agnosticism with a deeper understanding of Indian history, it's epics and philosophy. The film takes one chronologically through Vivekanand's quest for a deeper understanding of India, his writings and the spiritual underpinnings of his expositions by putting together rare archival photographs, journal entries, newspaper clippings and audio footage. It also maps some of the contemporary discourse around his life and ideals, the work undertaken by the Ramakrishna Mission in India as also certain international interventions to make his writings more relevant to the world today."--Container.
- Narration, Masoodul Huq, Marie-Claude Olivier.
- Photography, Pradip Chakraborty; editor, music, Dishari Chakraborty ; photography, Pradip Chakraborty.
- Copyright notice on disc: MEA.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 2011.
- Banerjee, Aloke, film director, screenwriter.
Mukherjee, Jaydeep, film director, screenwriter.
Bhattacharya, Sankarlal, researcher, screenwriter.
Chakraborty, Dishari, composer (expression), editor of moving image work.
Huq, Masoodul, narrator.
Olivier, Marie-Claude, narrator.
India. Ministry of External Affairs. Public Diplomacy Division, publisher.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|