Ocean waves / Tokuma Shoten, Nippon Television Network and Studio Ghibli present ; screenplay written by Kaori Nakamura ; produced by the future producers of Studio Ghibli production ; producer, Nozomu Takahashi ; directed by Tomomi Mochizuki.
- Other Title:
- Originally released under Japanese title: Umi ga kikoeru
Also known as: I can hear the sea
- Universal City, CA : Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, 
1 videodisc (76 min.) : sound, color ; 12 cm
4 3/4 in.
- High school students -- Drama.
First loves -- Drama.
High school students.
- Made-for-TV movies.
- In Japanese with subtitles in English.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (1.78:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital 2.0.
digital optical stereo Dolby Digital 2.0
video file DVD video region 1
- As a young man returns home after his first year away at college he recalls his senior year of high school and the iron-willed, big city girl that turned his world upside down.
- Voices, Nobuo Tobita, Yoko Sakamoto, Toshihiko Seki.
- Music, Shigeru Nagata ; theme song performed by Yoko Sakamoto.
- Title from title screen.
Videodisc release of the made-for-TV movie originally broadcast in 1993.
Original story by Saeko Himuro.
Issued by the publisher as part of a DVD/Blu-ray combo pack. University of Pennsylvania Libraries have cataloged these items separately.
Special features: The Ghiblies episode 2 / Tokuma Shoten, Studio Ghibli, Nippon Television Network, Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Hakukodo, Mitsubishi and Toho present a Studio Ghibli production ; directed by Yoshiyuki Momose ; screenplay by Yoshiyuki Momose ; produced by Hiroyuki Watanabe ; music by Manto Watanobe--a never-before-released short film about life at Studio Ghibli; Looking back: staff reunion--Join the director, producer, writer and artists of "Ocean waves" as they reflect on the film 10 years later; US theatrical trailer; feature-length layouts for Ocean Waves.
- Mochizuki, Tomomi, 1958- film director.
Niwa, Keiko, screenwriter.
Takahashi, Nozomu, 1960- film producer.
Tobita, Nobuo, 1959- voice actor.
Sakamoto, Yoko (Actor), voice actor.
Seki, Toshihiko, 1962- voice actor.
Tokuma Shoten, presenter.
Nihon Terebi, presenter.
Sutajio Jiburi, Kabushiki Kaisha, presenter, production company.
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm), publisher.
- Publisher Number:
- 191329017104 (set)
44187948 Universal (set)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|