Alterations and restoration of Nitre Hall, Karakung Drive, Powder Mill Park, Havertown, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, for the Comissioners [sic, Commissioners] of Haverford Township, in cooperation with the Haverford Township Historical Society, funded in part by grant from the U.S. Department of the Interior, through the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission [graphic] / National Heritage Corporation, 309 N. Matlack St., West Chester, Pennsylvania 19380.
18 photomechanical reproductions : blueline prints ; 62 x 92 cm.
- Historic buildings -- Pennsylvania -- Havertown.
- Local subjects:
- Karakung Dr. (Powder Mill Park, Havertown, Pa.). (search)
Nitre Hall (Powder Mill Park, Havertown, Pa. (search)
- Some drawings include "Keast and Hood Co., structural engineers, Philadelphia, Pa." as part of title block. Some drawings have title block for Pennoni Associates, Inc., consulting engineers, 3006 Walnut St., Philadelphia, Pa. and seal for Celestino R. Pennoni, registered professional engineer, no. 9814-E, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, with his signature. Some drawings have title block: Phase 1, alterations & restoration, Nitre Hall, Karakung Drive ... / John D. Milner, registered architect, Crum Creek Road, Media, Pennsylvania. Milner drawings have seal: John Douglas Milner, registered architect, Pennsylvania, No. Ex. 5201,
No commission number. Dec. 5, 1975 working drawing set includes eleven drawings: CS (cover sheet), A1-A10. Nov. 12, 1975 schematic set includes four drawings: A1-A4. John Milner drawings sheet nos. 1-2 of 2 for Oct. 1971, and undated A1 of 1 are also included.
Cover sheet has general notes & specifications, including: "Scope of work: The work of these documents is broken into three parts, each described on separate drawings: A. Construction of a wooden footbridge including a concrete abutment and partial reconstruction/restoration of the west wall of the house. B. Completion of a Caretaker's Apartment. C. Restoration of the balance of the building's interior and miscellaneous masonry and stucco repairs. ..."
Forms part of: Dickey, John M. Architectural drawings collection.
- Penn Provenance:
- Athenaeum purchase,
- Milner, John D. (John Douglas).
Pennoni, Celestino R.
Haverford (Pa. : Township). Commissioners.
Haverford Township Historical Society.
United States. Department of the Interior.
Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Keast & Hood Co.
- Contained In:
- Dickey, John M. Architectural drawings collection.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|