Reading Lolita in Tehran [sound recording] : [a memoir in books] / Azar Nafisi.
- Other Title:
- Memoir in books
- Prince Frederick, MD : Recorded Books, p2004.
- Sound recording
16 sound discs (18.5 hr.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Nafisi, Azar.
American literature -- Study and teaching -- Iran.
Books and reading -- Iran.
English literature -- Study and teaching -- Iran.
English teachers -- Iran -- Biography.
Group reading -- Iran.
Women -- Books and reading -- Iran.
Tehran (Iran) -- Social conditions.
- This is the story of Azar Nafisi's dream and of the nightmare that made it come true. For two years before she left Iran in 1997, Nafisi gathered seven young women at her house every Thursday morning to read and discuss forbidden works of Western literature. They were all former students whom she had taught at university. They were unaccustomed to being asked to speak their minds, but soon they began to open up and to speak more freely, not only about the novels they were reading but also about themselves, their dreams and disappointments. Nafisi's account flashes back to the early days of the revolution, when she first started teaching at the University of Tehran amid the swirl or protests and demonstrations. Azar Nafisi's tale offers a fascinating portrait of the Iran-Iraq war viewed from Tehran and gives us a rare glimpse, from the inside, of women's lives in revolutionary Iran.
- Corrido de Pancho Villa
La que sea
Por un amor
El corrido de Cananea
No soy monedita de oro
El siete leguas
Entre copa y copa
Cuando el destino
Gorrioncillo, Pecho amarillo
Carabina 30 - 30.
- Narrated by Lisette Lecat.
- Compact discs.
Subtitle from container.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Gift of Jack Silverberg.
- Lecat, Lisette. , Narrator
Recorded Books, Inc. , Publisher
- 1402590849 :
- Publisher Number:
- 01672 Recorded Books
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|