The steam engine, : comprising an account of its invention and progressive improvement : with an investigation of its principles, and the proportions of its parts for efficiency and strength; detailing also its application to navigation, mining, impelling machines, &c. And the results collected in numerous tables for practical use. : Illustrated by twenty plates, and numerous wood cuts. / By Thomas Tredgold, civil engineer; member of the Instituton of Civil Engineers; author of Elementary principles of carpentry; A practical treatise on the strength of iron, &c. ...
- London: : Printed for J. Taylor at the Architectural Library, No. 59 High Holborn., 1827.
xix, , 370 p., XX [i.e. 22] leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Steam-engines -- Early works to 1850.
Locomotives -- Early works to 1850.
Steam-engines -- Great Britain.
Steam-engines -- United States.
- Publishers' advertisements.
- Advertisements (16 p.) bound in at beginning, 2 p. at end.
"T. Bartlett, printer, Oxford."--t.p. verso.
Errata, p. 
Includes 20 plates (2 double leaved) on 22 leaves. Plates are engraved by G. Gladwin after Tredgold and J. Clement.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Title is held at Carpenters' Hall in the Library of the Carpenters' Company of the City and County of Philadelphia. Access to the books is restricted and available to researchers only by permission requested in advance.
Athenaeum copy: Carpenters' Company copy lacking  p. of advertisements, but has  p. at end; with accession number 4180; first recorded in 1840 Carpenters' Company Library Catalogue as no. 125.
- Taylor, J. (Josiah). , Publisher
Bartlett, T. , Printer
Gladwin, George. , Engraver
Tredgold, Thomas, 1788-1829. , Illustrator
Clement, J. , Illustrator
Carpenters' Company Library Collection (Athenaeum of Philadelphia)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|