The builder and workman's new director; : comprehending definitions and descriptions of the component parts of buildings, the principles of construction, and the geometrical development of the principal difficulties that usually occur in the different branches of mechanical professions, employed in the erection of edifices. / By Peter Nicholson, Esq. ; Illustrated with 150 copper plates and 480 wood cuts.
- London: : Printed for Knight and Lacey, publishers of books connected with the useful arts. At the James Watt, in Paternoster Row., MDCCCXXV. 
iv, viii, 176, xl, 16, 16,  p.,  leaves of plates : port. ; 28 cm.
- Architecture -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Architecture -- Orders.
Building -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Includes  leaves of plates (numbered erratically) engraved by W. Lowry, C. Armstrong, S. Porter, R. Roffe, and E. Turrell after Nicholson. Plates published by John Day & Co. and are dated 1822 or 1823. Frontispiece port. of Nicholson by Armstrong after T. Heaphy.
"Directions to the binder":  p. at end.
"J. Compton, printer, Middle Street, Cloth Fair, London."--p.  at end.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Title is held at Carpenters' Hall in the Library of the Carpenters' Company of the City and County of Philadelphia. Access to the books is restricted and available to researchers only by permission requested in advance.
Athenaeum copy: Carpenters' Company copy has accession number 3388; first recorded in 1840 Carpenters' Company Library Catalogue as no. 126.
- Carpenters' Company Library Collection (Athenaeum of Philadelphia)
Knight and Lacey. , Publisher
Compton, J. , Printer
Lowry, Wilson, 1762-1824. , Engraver
Armstrong, Cosmo. , Engraver
Roffe, Richard. , Engraver
Turrell, Edmund. , Engraver
Porter, S. , Engraver
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|