Gopsill's Philadelphia city directory for 1870. : Being a complete and accurate index to the residents of the entire city: their names, business, and location. To which is added an appendix of actually useful information of the banks, insurance companies, churches; city, state, and miscellaneous records, carefully selected and arranged. Together with a valuable street index or guide. / Compiled by Isaac Costa.
- Standardized Title:
- Gopsill's Philadelphia directory. 1870.
- Other Title:
- Gopsill's Philadelphia city directory. 1870
- Philadelphia: : Published by James Gopsill. Office, 201 South Fifth Street., 1870. Price, four dollars.
xxxii, 11, , 21-1716, xxxiii-lxiii,  p.,  leaves,  leaves of plates (1 folded) : ill., map ; 24 cm.
- Merchants -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Directories.
Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Registers.
- Advertisements -- Merchants.
Directories -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- 1870.
Maps -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- Copyright 1870 by James Gopsill.
"Caxton Press of Sherman & Co."--t.p. verso.
Map, copyright 1867 by Saml. L. Smedley, signed: F. Bourquin. Lith. Philada.
First and last leaves attached to boards.
In printed paper over boards.
Miscellaneous advertisements, initial p. ii-xxxii, final p. xxxiii-lxiii, and on four leaves in the text, all printed on colored paper.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy rebound, so lacks some advertisements.
- Costa, Isaac.
Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Gopsill, James. , Publisher
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|