The reader [sound recording] / Bernhard Schlink ; [translated from the German by Carol Brown Janeway].
- Standardized Title:
- Vorleser. English
- New York : Random House Audio, p1999.
- Sound recording
4 sound discs (4 1/2 hr.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Law students -- Fiction.
Seduction -- Fiction.
Illiterate persons -- Fiction.
Trials (Murder) -- Fiction.
War crime trials -- Fiction.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Atrocities -- Fiction.
Germany -- Fiction.
- Romance fiction.
- Translation from German.
- A German teenager has an affair with an emotionally remote older woman and only years later, when he is a law student and she is on trial, does he discover that she was involved in the Holocaust. She refuses to defend herself when she is accused of a hideous crime. The young law student gradually realizes that the woman may be guarding a secret she considers more shameful than murder.
- Read by Campbel Scott.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Gift of Lorraine J. Zwolak, Esq.
- Janeway, Carol Brown. , Translator
Scott, Campbell. , Narrator
- Publisher Number:
- RHCD 2437 Random House Audio
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|