Designs in architecture, : consisting of plans, elevations, and sections for temples, baths, cassines, pavilions, garden-seats obelisks, and other buildings; for decorating pleasure grounds, parks, forests, &c. &c. : Engraved on 38 copper-plates. / By John Soane, architect, member of the Royal Academies of Parma and Florence.
- London: : Printed for I. & J. Taylor, at the Architectural Library, High-Holborn. [Price six shillings sewed.], M.DCC.XCVII. 
 p., XXXVIII [i.e. 37] leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 26 cm. (8vo)
- Architecture -- Designs and plans.
Architecture -- Early works to 1800.
Architecture -- Details -- Early works to 1800.
Temples -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.
Garden structures -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.
- Includes 38 engraved copper plates on  leaves.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Title is held at Carpenters' Hall in the Library of the Carpenters' Company of the City and County of Philadelphia. Access to the books is restricted and available to researchers only by permission requested in advance.
Athenaeum copy: Carpenters' Company copy has signature of "M. DePusy" crossed out and written above signature of John M. Ogden (Ogden was Carpenters' Company member and was first elected 1816). Library of Congress authority file records his death date as 1870, but according to the Biographical Dictionary of Architects he died in 1882. Cf. Biographical Dict. of Architects, p. 582-583.
- Cited in:
- ESTC N8553
Archer, J. Literature of Brit. domestic architecture, 317.4
Harris, E. British architectural books, 841
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 3095
- Carpenters' Company Library Collection (Athenaeum of Philadelphia)
I. and J. Taylor's Architectural Library (London, England). , Bookseller, Publisher
Ogden, John Melchior, 1791-1882. , Former owner
DePusy, M. , Former owner
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|