The mechanic's companion, or, The elements and practice of carpentry, joinery, bricklaying, masonry, slating, plastering, painting, smithing, and turning, : containing a full description of the tools belonging to each branch of business; with copious directions for their use. With an explanation of the terms used in each art; : and an introduction to practical geometry. / Illustrated by forty copper plates.
- Other Title:
- Elements and practice of carpentry, joinery, bricklaying, masonry, slating, plastering, painting, smithing, and turning
- London: : Isaac Taylor Hinton, 4, Warwick Square., 1829.
iv, 522,  p.,  leaves of plates ; 22 cm.
- Building trades -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Industrial arts -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Turning (Lathe work)
- Written by Peter Nicholson.
Contains  plates most of which are signed at foot: London published March 24, 1824. By J. Taylor High Holborn.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Title is held at Carpenters' Hall in the Library of the Carpenters' Company of the City and County of Philadelphia. Access to the books is restricted and available to researchers only by permission requested in advance.
Athenaeum copy: Carpenters' Company copy has accession number 1689; first recorded in the 1840 Carpenters' Company Library Catalogue as no. 203.
- Hinton, Isaac Taylor, , Publisher
Taylor, J. (Josiah). , Publisher, Platemaker
Carpenters' Company Library Collection (Athenaeum of Philadelphia)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|