The description and use of a new instrument called, an architectonic sector. : By which any part of architecture may be drawn with facility and exactness.
- London: : Printed for Joshua Kirby, designer in perspective to His Majesty, by R. Francklin, in Russel-Street, Covent-Garden; and sold by T. Payne, at the Mews-Gate; Messrs. Knapton and Horsefield, in Ludgate-Street; Messrs. Dodsley, in Pall-Mall; T. Longman, in Pater-Noster-Row; T. Davies, in Russel-Street, Covent-Garden; and J. Gretton, In Bond-Street,, 1761.
, 82 p., XXV leaves of plates ; 58 cm. (fol.)
- Architecture -- Orders -- Early works to 1800.
Drawing instruments -- Early works to 1800.
Architectural drawing -- Early works to 1800.
Measuring instruments -- Early works to 1800.
Perspective -- Early works to 1800.
- Anonymous. By John Joshua Kirby.
This work issued separately, but was title also issued in the same year as second part of: The perspective of architecture. : In two parts. London : Printed for the author ..., 1761. Cf. ESTC T133638.
Plates engraved by Fougeron and P. Mazell [i.e. P. Maxell].
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Title is held at Carpenters' Hall in the Library of the Carpenters' Company of the City and County of Philadelphia. Access to the books is restricted and available to researchers only by permission requested in advance.
Athenaeum copy: Carpenters' Company copy has accession number 3369; first recorded in 1827 Carpenters' Company Library Catalogue as Folio 6.
- Cited in:
- ESTC T219912
British Archtectural Library. Early printed books, 1674
Harris, E.. Brit. architectural books, 398
- Kirby, John Joshua, 1716-1774.
Fougeron, J. , Engraver
Maxell, Peter. , Engraver
Francklin, Richard, -1765 , Printer
Payne, Thomas, 1719-1799. , Bookseller
Carpenters' Company Library Collection (Athenaeum of Philadelphia)
Knapton, John, 1696-1770. , Bookseller
Horsfield, R. (Robert). , Bookseller
R. and J. Dodsley. , Bookseller
Davies, Thomas, ca. 1712-1785. , Bookseller
Gretton, John, active 1758-1763 , Bookseller
Longman, Thomas, 1731-1797. , Bookseller
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|