The perspective of architecture. : A work entirely new; deduced from the principles of Dr. Brook Taylor; and performed by two rules only of universal application. Begun by command of His Present Majesty, when Prince of Wales. / By Joshua Kirby, designer in perspective to His Majesty.
- London; : Printed for the author, by R. Francklin, in Russel-Street, Covent-Garden; and sold by T. Payne, at the Mews Gate; Messrs. Knapton and Horsefield, in Ludgate Street; Messrs Dodsley, in Pall-Mall; T. Longman, in Pater-Noster Row; T. Davies, in Russel-Street, Covent-Garden; and J. Gretton, in Bond Street,, MDCCLXI. .
, ii, 60,  p., LXXIII leaves of plates : ill. ; 59 cm. (fol.)
- Architecture -- Early works to 1800.
Perspective -- Early works to 1800.
- Errata on p.  at end.
Work appeared separately, but was also issued as part 1 of "The perspective of architecture. : In two parts ... London : Printed for the author, in Duke-Street ...,1761" along with Kirby's "The description and use of a new instrument called an architectonic sector". Cf. ESTC T133638. The varying imprint perhaps suggests that this work was intended to be issued separately and is not simply lacking part 2 as represented by ESTC T133638.
With an engraved dedication leaf. Frontispiece signed: "Wm. Hogarth July 1760. Wm. Woollett sculp."
Plates engraved by P. Mazell [i.e. P. Maxell], J. Fougeron, F. Patton, A. Walker, J. Basire, Boyce and W. Ryland.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Title is held at Carpenters' Hall in the Library of the Carpenters' Company of the City and County of Philadelphia. Access to the books is restricted and available to researchers only by permission requested in advance.
Athenaeum copy: Carpenters' Company copy first recorded in 1827 Carpenters' Company Library Catalogue as Folio 5.
- Cited in:
- British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1675
Harris, E. Brit. architectural books, 399
- Taylor, Brook, 1685-1731.
Hogarth, William, 1697-1764. ,
Woollett, William, 1735-1785. , Engraver
Maxelll, Peter. , Engraver
Fougeron, J. , Engraver
Patton, F., fl. 1754-1764. , Engraver
Boyce, Samuel, -1775 , Engraver
Walker, Anthony, 1726-1765. , Engraver
Basire, James, 1730-1802. , Engraver
Ryland, William Wynne, 1732-1783. , Engraver
Francklin, Richard, -1765 , Printer
Gretton, John, active 1758-1763 , Bookseller
Carpenters' Company Library Collection (Athenaeum of Philadelphia)
R. and J. Dodsley. , Bookseller
Knapton, John, 1696-1770. , Bookseller
Horsfield, R. (Robert) , Bookseller
Davies, Thomas, ca. 1712-1785. , Bookseller
Longman, Thomas, 1731-1797. , Bookseller
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|