Plans, elevations, sections, and perspective views of the gardens and buildings at Kew in Surry, the seat of Her Royal Highness the Princess Dowager of Wales. / By William Chambers, member of the Imperial Academy of Arts at Florence, and of the Royal Academy of Architecture at Paris. Architect to the King, and to Her Royal Highness the Princess Dowager of Wales.
- London, : Printed by J. Haberkorn, in Grafton Street, St. Anne's Soho; published for the author, and to be had at his House in Poland Street; likewise of A. Millar, D. Wilson, and T. Becket, all in the Strand; of R. and J. Dodsley in Pall-Mall, R. Sayer in Fleet-Street, A. Webley in Holborn, J. Walter at Charing-Cross, and Dorothy Mercier at the Golden Ball, Windmill Street, Golden Square., 1763.
, 8,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., plans ; 53 cm. (fol.)
- Architecture -- England -- Kew -- Early works to 1800.
Royal Gardens, Kew.
Kew Palace (Kew, England)
Architecture -- Designs and plans.
Architecture -- England -- Early works to 1800.
Gardens -- England -- Kew -- Early works to 1800.
Landscape architecture -- England -- Kew -- Early works to 1800.
Gardens, English -- England -- Kew -- Early works to 1800.
Garden structures -- England -- Kew -- Early works to 1800.
- "Directions to the binder"--P. 8.
Variant lists different booksellers in imprint. Cf. ESTC T42440.
Plates illustrated by William Kent, William Chambers, Smeaton, John Joshua Kirby, William Marlow and Thomas Sandby and engraved by Edward Rooker, Charles Grignion, Tobias Müller, James Basire, W. Woollett, Paul Sandby, F. Patton and J. Major.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Title is held at Carpenters' Hall in the Library of the Carpenters' Company of the City and County of Philadelphia. Access to the books is restricted and available to researchers only by permission requested in advance.
Athenaeum copy: Carpenters' Company copy bound with: Designs of Chinese buildings, furniture, dresses machines and utensils. ... / By Mr. Chambers, architect. London : Published for the author ... MDCCLVII. 
- Cited in:
- ESTC N38634
Archer, J. Literature of Brit. domestic archtecture, 39.1
Harris, E. Brit. architectural books, 121
Fowler Architectural Collection Catalogue 87
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 597
- Haberkorn, John. , Printer
Millar, Andrew, 1707-1768. , Bookseller
Wilson, D., -1777 , Bookseller
Becket, Thomas. , Bookseller
Carpenters' Company Library Collection (Athenaeum of Philadelphia)
R. and J. Dodsley. , Bookseller
Sayer, Robert, 1725-1794. , Bookseller
Webley, A., bookseller. , Bookseller
Walter, John, -1803 , Bookseller
Mercier, Dorothy. , Bookseller
Rooker, Edward, 1712?-1774. , Engraver
Grignion, Charles, 1717-1810. , Engraver
Müller, Tobias, fl. 1765-1790. , Engraver
Basire, James, 1730-1802. , Engraver
Woollett, William, 1735-1785. , Engraver
Sandby, Paul, 1731-1809. , Engraver
Patton, F., fl. 1754-1764. , Engraver
Major, J. , Engraver
Kent, William, 1685-1748. , Illustrator
Smeaton, John, 1724-1792. , Illustrator
Kirby, John Joshua, 1716-1774. , Illustrator
Marlow, William, 1740-1818. , Illustrator
Sandby, Thomas, 1723-1798. , Illustrator
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|