The railway man / The Weinstein Company and Screen Australia in association with Silver Reel, Screen Queesnland, Creative Scotland, Screen NSW and Lionsgate UK present ; an Andy Paterson, Pictures in Paradise, Trinfold production ; screenplay by Frank Cottrel Boyce and Andy Paterson ; produced by Andy Paterson, Chris Brown, Bill Curbishley ; directed by Jonathan Teplitzky.
- Beverly Hills, CA : Anchor Bay Entertainment, 
1 videodisc (108 minutes) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Burma-Siam Railroad -- History -- Drama.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, Japanese -- Drama.
Lomax, Eric -- Drama.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Conscript labor -- Drama.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives -- Drama.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Atrocities -- Drama.
Prisoners of war -- Thailand -- Biography -- Drama.
Prisoners of war -- Great Britain -- Biography -- Drama.
- Biographical films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Films for the hearing impaired.
- In English; Spanish subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD, region 1, anamorphic widescreen (2.40:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1.
digital optical surround Dolby Digital 5.1
widescreen (2.40:1) 24 fps
video file DVD video Region 1
- Based on an autobiography, this film tells the true story of Eric Lomax, a British Army officer who is captured by the Japanese during WWII and sent to a POW camp, where he is tortured and forced to work on the Thai-Burma Railway. Years later, and still suffering the psychological trauma of his wartime experiences, Lomax is persuaded by his wife Patti to find and confront one of his captors. Accompanied by his best friend, Lomax returns to the scene of his torture and manages to track down his captor, Japanese officer Takashi Nagase, from the prison camp, in an attempt to let go of a lifetime of bitterness and hate.
- Colin Firth, Nicole Kidman, Jeremy Irvine, Stellan Skarsgård, Hiroyuki Sanada, Sam Reid, Tanroh Ishida.
- Costume designer, Lizzy Gardiner ; film editor, Martin Connor ; production designer, Steven Jones-Evans ; director of photography, Garry Phillips ; composer, David Hirschfelder.
- Athenaeum copy: Title from disc surface.
Originally released as a motion picture in 2013.
Based on the book by Eric Lomax.
Special features: Feature commentary with director Jonathan Teplitzky and co-writer/producer Andy Paterson; the making of Railway Man.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Miller Fund bookplate.
- Teplitzky, Jonathan, film director.
Cottrell Boyce, Frank, screenwriter.
Paterson, Andy, screenwriter, film producer.
Brown, Chris, 1950- film producer.
Curbishley, Bill, film producer.
Firth, Colin, 1960- actor.
Kidman, Nicole, 1967- actor.
Irvine, Jeremy, 1990- actor.
Skarsgård, Stellan, actor.
Sanada, Hiroyuki, 1960- actor.
Reid, Sam, 1987- actor.
Ishida, Tanroh, actor.
Hirschfelder, David, composer.
Weinstein Company, presenter.
Screen Australia, presenter.
Silver Reel, presenter.
Screen Queensland (Queensland), presenter.
Creative Scotland (Organization), presenter.
Screen NSW (New South Wales), presenter.
Lionsgate UK, presenter.
Pictures in Paradise, production company.
Trinfold, production company.
Anchor Bay Entertainment, Inc., film distributor.
- Publisher Number:
WC61760 Anchor Bay Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|