Woman in gold / The Weinstein Company and BBC Films present an Origin Pictures production ; produced by David M. Thompson, Kris Thykier ; written by Alexi Kaye Campbell ; directed by Simon Curtis.
- Beverly Hills, CA : Anchor Bay Entertainment, 
1 videodisc (109 minutes) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Art and the war -- Drama.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Claims -- Drama.
Restitution -- Drama.
Bloch-Bauer, Adele, 1881-1925 -- Portraits -- Drama.
Klimt, Gustav, 1862-1918. Adele Bloch-Bauer I -- Drama.
Altmann, Maria -- Drama.
Schoenberg, E. Randol, 1966- -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
- In English or dubbed Spanish; Spanish subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, region 1, anamorphic widescreen (2.39:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround.
digital optical surround Dolby Digital 5.1
widescreen (2.39:1) 24 fps
video file DVD video Region 1
- Sixty years after she fled Vienna during World War II, an elderly Jewish woman, Maria Altmann, starts her journey to retrieve family possessions seized by the Nazis, among them Klimt's famous painting Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer I. Together with her inexperienced but plucky young lawyer Randy Schoenberg, she embarks upon a major battle which takes them all the way to the heart of the Austrian establishment and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Ryan Reynolds, Helen Mirren, Daniel Brühl, Katie Holmes, Tatiana Maslany, Max Irons, Charles Dance, Elizabeth McGovern, Jonathan Pryce.
- Music by Martin Phipps and Hans Zimmer ; director of photography, Ross Emery ; editor, Peter Lambert ; production designer, Jim Clay.
- Athenaeum copy: Title from disc surface.
Originally released as a motion picture in 2015.
Based on the life stories of E. Randol Schoenberg and Maria Altmann.
Bonus features: The making of Woman in Gold; feature commentary with director Simon Curtis and producer David M. Thompson; Stealing Klimt documentary trailer.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Shober Family Fund bookplate.
- Curtis, Simon, 1960- film director.
Campbell, Alexi Kaye, screenwriter.
Thompson, David, 1950 July 18- film producer.
Thykier, Kris, 1972- film producer.
Reynolds, Ryan, actor.
Mirren, Helen, actor.
Brühl, Daniel, 1978- actor.
Holmes, Katie, 1978- actor.
Maslany, Tatiana, actor.
Irons, Max, 1985- actor.
Dance, Charles, actor.
McGovern, Elizabeth, 1961- actor.
Pryce, Jonathan, actor.
Phipps, Martin, composer.
Zimmer, Hans, composer.
Emery, Ross, cinematographer.
Lambert, Peter, film editor.
Clay, Jim, 1948- production designer.
Weinstein Company, production company.
BBC Films, production company.
Origin Pictures, production company.
Anchor Bay Entertainment, Inc., film distributor.
- Publisher Number:
WC63022 Anchor Bay
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|