The Englishwoman's domestic magazine.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- English woman's domestic magazine
- London : S.O. Beeton, 1852-1879.
v. : ill. ; 22 cm.
Began with v. 1 in 1852; ceased with: ser. 3, v. 27, 1879.
- Continued By:
- Illustrated household journal and Englishwomen's domestic magazine
- Dressmaking -- Periodicals.
Needlework -- Periodicals.
Costume -- 19th century -- Periodicals.
Home economics -- Periodicals.
Fashion -- Periodicals.
England -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Periodicals.
England -- Intellectual life -- 19th century -- Periodicals.
- Women's periodicals, English.
- "An illustrated journal, combining practical information, instruction, and amusement."
From June 1862 to Dec. 1864 a Shilling ed. and a Sixpenny ed. were issued simultaneously. The Shilling ed. comprised, in addition to the Sixpenny ed., a supplement containing fashion plates, patterns, fiction, etc. Beginning with Jan. 1865 the magazine and the supplement were issued together.
Athenaeum copy: Description based on Vol. 5, no. 25 (May 1862); title from cover.
Latest issue consulted: Vol. 6, no. 33 (Jan. 1863).
Vols. for May 1860-1864 called new ser., v. 1-9; vols. for 1865-1879 called new ser. (ser. 3) v. 1-27.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum has: v. 1-4 (1860-1862).
Athenaeum copy: Gift of: Peter J. Koblenzer.
- Beeton, Samuel Orchart, 1831-1877. , Publisher
Koblenzer Collection (Athenaeum of Philadelphia)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|