The property of lies / Marjorie Eccles.
- First world edition.
- Sutton, Surrey : Severn House, 2017. , ©2017
- Eccles, Marjorie. Herbert Reardon historical mysteries ; 4.
Herbert Reardon historical mysteries ; 4
236 pages ; 23 cm
- Reardon, Herbert (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
Murder -- Investigation -- Fiction.
Police -- England -- Fiction.
England -- Fiction.
- Detective and mystery fiction.
- 1930. When a body is discovered on the premises of the newly-established Maxstead Court School for Girls, Detective Inspector Herbert Reardon is called in to investigate. His wife Ellen having just accepted a job as French teacher, Reardon is alarmed to find the school a hotbed of scandalous secrets, suppressed passions, petty jealousies and wanton schoolgirl cruelty. As he pursues his enquiries, it becomes clear that the dead woman was not who - or what - she claimed to be. Who was she really - and why is Reardon convinced that more than one member of staff is not telling him the whole truth?
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Miller fund bookplate.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|