The Language of houses : how buildings speak to us / Alison Lurie ; illustrations by Karen Sung.
- First edition.
- Harrison, New York : Delphinium Books, [2014?]
308 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Architecture -- Psychological aspects.
Architecture and society.
Architecture -- Aesthetics.
- Offers a meditation on architecture and how it speaks to human experience, looking at what buildings and the spaces they contain say about the people who inhabit them, as well as the effects that those spaces have on them.
- "Chapters 7, 9 and 10 of this book originally appeared in the New York Review of Books."
Includes bibliographical references (pages 297-308)
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Albert M. Greenfield Memorial Fund.
- Sung, Karen. , Illustrator
- 9781883285609 ;
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|