The weight of lies : a novel / Emily Carpenter.
- [Grand Haven, MI] : Brilliance Audio, 
- Sound recording
10 audio discs (12 hr.) : CD audio, digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Women authors -- Fiction.
Best sellers -- Fiction.
Murder -- Investigation -- Fiction.
Georgia -- Fiction.
- Detective and mystery fiction.
- System Details:
- digital optical
audio file CD audio
- In this gripping, atmospheric family drama, a young woman investigates the forty-year-old murder that inspired her mother's bestselling novel, and uncovers devastating truths--and dangerous lies. Reformed party girl Meg Ashley leads a life of privilege, thanks to a bestselling horror novel her mother wrote decades ago. But Meg knows that the glow of their very public life hides a darker reality of lies, manipulation, and the heartbreak of her own solitary childhood. Desperate to break free of her mother, Meg accepts a proposal to write a scandalous, tell-all memoir. Digging into the past--and her mother's cult classic--draws Meg to Bonny Island, Georgia, and an unusual woman said to be the inspiration for the book. At first island life seems idyllic, but as Meg starts to ask tough questions, disturbing revelations come to light...including some about her mother.Soon Meg's search leads her to question the facts of a decades-old murder. She's warned to leave it alone, but as the lies pile up, Meg knows she's getting close to finding a murderer. When her own life is threatened, Meg realizes the darkness found in her mother's book is nothing compared to the chilling truth that lurks off the page.
- Read by Kate Orsini.
- Compact discs.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Miller Fund bookplate.
- Orsini, Kate, 1967- narrator.
- Publisher Number:
10c5zz Blackstone Audiobooks
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|