The stars are fire : a novel / Anita Shreve.
- [New York] : Random House Audio, 
- Sound recording
7 audio discs (8 hr., 30 min.) : CD audio, digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Great Fire, Maine, 1947 -- Fiction.
Life change events -- Fiction.
Mothers -- Fiction.
- System Details:
- digital optical
audio file CD audio
- In October 1947, after a summer long drought, fires break out all along the Maine coast from Bar Harbor to Kittery and are soon racing out of control from town to village. Five months pregnant, Grace Holland is left alone to protect her two toddlers when her husband, Gene, joins the volunteer firefighters. Along with her best friend, Rosie, and Rosie's two young children, Grace watches helplessly as their houses burn to the ground, the flames finally forcing them all into the ocean as a last resort. The women spend the night frantically protecting their children, and in the morning find their lives forever changed: homeless, penniless, awaiting news of their husbands' fate, and left to face an uncertain future in a town that no longer exists.
- Read by Suzanne Elise Freeman.
- Title from container.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Miller Fund bookplate.
- Freeman, Suzanne Elise, narrator.
- Publisher Number:
- 9780804147668 53500
PRHA 4274 Penguin Random House Audio
40c5ij Blackstone Audiobooks
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|