Leadership / Doris Kearns Goodwin.
- Standardized Title:
- Leadership in turbulent times
- [New York] : Simon & Schuster Audio, 2018.
- Sound recording
15 audio discs (approximately 18 hr.) : CD audio, digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865.
Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945.
Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973.
Presidents -- United States.
Political leadership -- United States -- Case studies.
Character -- Case studies.
United States -- Politics and government -- Case studies.
Crisis management -- United States -- Case studies.
Political culture -- United States -- History.
- Case studies.
- Are leaders born or made? Where does ambition come from? How does adversity affect the growth of leadership? Does the man make the times or do the times make the man? Goodwin draws upon four of the presidents she has studied most closely, Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and Lyndon B. Johnson (in civil rights), to show how they first recognized leadership qualities within themselves, and were recognized by others as leaders.
- Read by Beau Bridges, David Morse, Jay O. Sanders, Richard Thomas with an introduction and epilogue read by the author.
- Title from label.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Miller Fund bookplate.
- Bridges, Beau, narrator.
Morse, David, 1953- narrator.
Sanders, Jay O., 1953- narrator.
Thomas, Richard, 1951- narrator.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|