β2 adrenergic receptor complexes mediate localized cAMP signaling [electronic resource] / Johannes W. Hell.
- Other Title:
- Beta2 adrenergic receptor complexes mediate localized cAMP signaling
Beta-adrenergic receptor - ion channel signaling complexes
- London : Henry Stewart Talks, 2018.
- Henry Stewart talks. Biomedical & life sciences collection. Ion channels.
Ion channels : mediators of ion currents across cell membranes, 2056-452X
1 online resource (1 streaming video file (43 min.)) : color, sound.
- Beta adrenoceptors.
Cardiovascular system -- Physiology.
Cellular signal transduction.
Central nervous system -- Molecular aspects.
- Medical subjects:
- alpha-Amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic Acid.
Calcium Channels, L-Type -- physiology.
Neurons -- physiology.
Receptors, Adrenergic, beta-2 -- metabolism.
Receptors, Adrenergic, beta-2 -- physiology.
Signal Transduction -- physiology.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Contents: Introduction to signaling by beta adrenergic receptors and the corresponding regulation of the L-type calcium channel Cav1.2 in brain and heart
Cav1.2 signaling complex in brain
Role of the beta2 adrenergic receptor, Cav1.2, and their association in beta adrenergic signaling in the brain and in synaptic plasticity
Introduction to the signaling complex formed by the beta2 adrenergic receptor with the AMPA-type glutamate receptor (AMPAR)
AMPAR signaling complex in brain
Conclusion: formation of a functional unit between the AMPAR and Cav1.2 whose activity is driven by beta2 adrenergic stimulation to augment synaptic strength in a lasting manner.
- Animated audio-visual presentation with synchronized narration.
aRevised version of a talk first published in 2011 under the title: Beta-adrenergic receptor - ion channel signaling complexes.
Title from title frames.
- Publisher Number:
- 2842 Henry Stewart Talks
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|