Inverse Problems of Wave Propagation and Diffraction [electronic resource] : Proceedings of the Conference Held in Aix-les-Bains, France, September 23–27, 1996 / edited by Guy Chavent, Pierre C. Sabatier.
- 1st ed. 1997.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 1997.
- Lecture Notes in Physics, 0075-8450 ; 486
Lecture Notes in Physics, 0075-8450 ; 486
1 online resource (XV, 384 p. 122 illus.)
- Mathematical physics.
- Local subjects:
- Mathematical Methods in Physics.
Numerical and Computational Physics, Simulation.
- This book describes the state of the art in the field of modeling and solving numerically inverse problems of wave propagation and diffraction. It addresses mathematicians, physicists and engineers as well. Applications in such fields as acoustics, optics, and geophysics are emphasized. Of special interest are the contributions to two and three dimensional problems without reducing symmetries. Topics treated are the obstacle problem, scattering by classical media, and scattering by distributed media.
- Resolution and super-resolution in inverse diffraction
Mathematical programming for positive solutions of ill-conditioned inverse problems
Inverse scattering for N-body systems with time-dependent potentials
Inverse scattering approach for stratified chiral media
Recovery of strongly scattering permittivity distributions from limited backscattered data using a nonlinear filtering technique
Retrieval of object information from electron diffraction as Ill-posed inverse problems
A linear method for solving inverse scattering problems in the resonance region
Numerical methods in inverse obstacle scattering
An overview of nonlinear diffraction tomography within the bayesian estimation framework
Application of the approximate inverse to inverse scattering
Reconstruction of an impenetrable obstacle immersed in a shallow water acoustic waveguide
Location and reconstruction of objects using a modified gradient approach
Generalizations of Karp’s theorem to elastic scattering theory
Inverse obstacle scattering problem based on resonant frequencies
New developments in the application of inverse scattering to target recognition and remote sensing
Inverse 3D acoustic and electromagnetic obstacle scattering by iterative adaptation
An algorithm for 3D ultrasound tomography
Regularity of an inverse problem in wave propagation
Developments in numerical methods for transient scattering problems
A level-set approach for eddy current imaging of defects in a conductive half-space
An inverse problem for the two-dimensional wave equation in a stratified medium
On the inverse seismic problem for horizontally layered media: Subsidiary study
Scattering of guided waves in laterally varying layered media
Born inversion in realistic backgrounds by means of recursive Green’s functions
Nonlinear inversion of seismic reflection data by simulated annealing
Asymptotic theory for imaging the attenuation factors Q P and Q S
An inverse time domain problem for a stratified, biperiodic and 2D medium using an optimization method
Shape reconstruction of a penetrable homogeneous 3D scattering body via the ICBA
Program of the Conference of Aix-les-Bains (23–27 sept.1996).
- Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
- Chavent, Guy. editor., Editor,
Sabatier, Pierre C. editor., Editor,
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/BFb0105755 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|