The Local Bubble and Beyond [electronic resource] : Lyman-Spitzer-Colloquium / edited by Dieter Breitschwerdt, Michael J. Freyberg, Joachim Trümper.
- 1st ed. 1998.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 1998.
- Conference Name:
- IAU Colloquium
- Lecture Notes in Physics, 0075-8450 ; 506
Lecture Notes in Physics, 0075-8450 ; 506
1 online resource (XXVIII, 603 p. 242 illus. in color.)
- Local subjects:
- Astronomy, Observations and Techniques.
Astrophysics and Astroparticles.
Classical and Quantum Gravitation, Relativity Theory.
- This book gives a comprehensive overview of the current observational and theoretical status in the field of the local and general interstellar medium. It contains contributions presented at the IAU Colloquium No. 166. Review articles and highlight talks will serve both as an introduction to the field for the undergraduate or the non-specialist and also give a summary of the most recent developments for the expert and researcher. These articles are supplemented by a representative number of original research papers. All contributions are fully refereed and have been edited with extensive care to provide a high-standard reference book. The scientific content spans a wide range from solar system measurements of dust grains to X-ray emission from distant galaxies.
UV and Soft X-Ray Observations of the LISM
Observations and Modeling of the Local Bubble and the SXRB
Clouds and Particles in the Local ISM Radio Observations
Magnetic Fields, Molecular Clouds, Bubbles
Hot Gas, SXRB Fluctuations, Dust, Gammarays
Superbubbles, Galactic Halo
High-Velocity Clouds, Galactic Fountains, LMC
- Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
- Breitschwerdt, Dieter. editor., Editor,
Freyberg, Michael J. editor., Editor,
Trümper, Joachim. editor., Editor,
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/BFb0104684 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|