Scientific Applications of Neural Nets [electronic resource] : Proceedings of the 194th W.E. Heraeus Seminar Held at Bad Honnef, Germany, 11–13 May 1998 / edited by John W. Clark, Thomas Lindenau, Manfred L. Ristig.
- 1st ed. 1999.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 1999.
- Conference Name:
- W.E. Heraeus Seminar
W.E. Heraeus Seminar
- Lecture Notes in Physics, 0075-8450 ; 522
Lecture Notes in Physics, 0075-8450 ; 522
1 online resource (XIII, 290 p. 78 illus., 6 illus. in color.)
- Artificial intelligence.
- Local subjects:
- Complex Systems.
Particle and Nuclear Physics.
Statistical Physics and Dynamical Systems.
- Neural-network models for event analysis are widely used in experimental high-energy physics, star/galaxy discrimination, control of adaptive optical systems, prediction of nuclear properties, fast interpolation of potential energy surfaces in chemistry, classification of mass spectra of organic compounds, protein-structure prediction, analysis of DNA sequences, and design of pharmaceuticals. This book, devoted to this highly interdisciplinary research area, addresses scientists and graduate students. The pedagogically written review articles range over a variety of fields including astronomy, nuclear physics, experimental particle physics, bioinformatics, linguistics, and information processing.
- Neural networks: New tools for modelling and data analysis in science
Adaptive optics: Neural network wavefront sensing, reconstruction, and prediction
Nuclear physics with neural networks
Using neural networks to learn energy corrections in hadronic calorimeters
Neural networks for protein structure prediction
Evolution teaches neural networks to predict protein structure
An application of artificial neural networks in linguistics
Optimization with neural networks
Dynamics of networks and applications.
- Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
- Clark, John W. editor., Editor,
Lindenau, Thomas. editor., Editor,
Ristig, Manfred L. editor., Editor,
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/BFb0104276 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|