Solar and Stellar Physics [electronic resource] : Proceedings of the 5th European Solar Meeting Held in Titisee/Schwarzwald, Germany, April 27-30, 1987 / edited by Egon-Horst Schröter, Manfred Schüssler.
- 1st ed. 1987.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 1987.
- Conference Name:
- European Solar Meeting
- Lecture Notes in Physics, 0075-8450 ; 292
Lecture Notes in Physics, 0075-8450 ; 292
1 online resource (V, 234 p. 20 illus.)
- Physical geography.
- Local subjects:
Space Sciences (including Extraterrestrial Physics, Space Exploration and Astronautics).
- These proceedings bring together ideas from solar and stellar physics. The sun is near enough for rather detailed observations and one chapter is devoted to the more recent experimental data from observations from space. On the other hand the multitude of stars provides a wide range of physical parameters to test hypotheses in solar and stellar astrophysics. The reader will find an illuminating overview of these fields ranging from the dynamo in the convection zone to the stellar envelopes and winds in the outer regions. In particular the importance of small-scale magnetohydrodynamic processes for the activity phenomena plays an important role in the contributions to this volume. For both students and researchers the general introduction by N. O. Weiss makes an excellent guide to this very active field of research. (See also Lecture Notes in Physics Vol. 291.).
- What can the sun tell us about stellar activity?
On the origin of stellar magnetism
Stellar activity and rotation
Solar and stellar convection
Photospheric structure in solar-type stars
Solar and stellar chromospheres
Solar an stellar coronae
Stellar vs. solar activity: The case of pre-main sequence stars
Winds in late type stars and the solar wind
Observations from space vs. ground based observations: Advantages and disadvantages
New ideas about granulation based on data from the solar optical universal polarimeter instrument on spacelab 2 and magnetic data from big bear solar observatory
Future prospects of stellar and solar physics from space.
- Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
- Schröter, Egon-Horst. editor., Editor,
Schüssler, Manfred. editor., Editor,
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/BFb0032307 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|