Viscous Vortical Flows [electronic resource] / by Lu Ting, Rupert Klein.
- 1st ed. 1991.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 1991.
- Lecture Notes in Physics, 0075-8450 ; 374
Lecture Notes in Physics, 0075-8450 ; 374
1 online resource (V, 222 p. 18 illus.)
- Local subjects:
- Mathematical Methods in Physics. (search)
Numerical and Computational Physics, Simulation. (search)
Fluid- and Aerodynamics. (search)
Numerical Analysis. (search)
- This is a comprehensive account of the asymptotic theory of slender vortices with diffusion cores. Addressed to both graduate students and researchers it describes the mathematical model and its numerical analysis. The asymptotic analysis involves two length and two time scales. Consistency conditions and time invariance of moments of vorticity are given and applied to numerical solutions. The authors also describe consistency conditions between the large circumferential and axial velocity in the core.
- Vortex dominated flows and general theory
Motion and decay of vortex filaments
Numerical solutions of viscous vortical flows
- Klein, Rupert. author., Author,
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/3-540-53713-9 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|