Thermal Nonequilibrium Phenomena in Fluid Mixtures [electronic resource] / edited by W. Köhler, S. Wiegand.
- 1st ed. 2002.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2002.
- Conference Name:
- International Meeting on Thermodiffusion
- Lecture Notes in Physics, 0075-8450 ; 584
Lecture Notes in Physics, 0075-8450 ; 584
1 online resource (XVIII, 472 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Fluid- and Aerodynamics. (search)
Engineering Fluid Dynamics. (search)
Engineering Thermodynamics, Heat and Mass Transfer. (search)
Physical Chemistry. (search)
- Thermodiffusion describes the coupling between a temperature gradient and a resulting mass flux. Traditionally, the focus has been on simple fluids, and it is now extending to more complex systems such as electrolytes, polymers, colloidal dispersions and magnetic fluids. This book widens the scope even further by including applications in ionic solids. Written as a set of tutorial reviews, it will be useful to experts, nonspecialist researchers and postgraduate students alike.
- Concepts, Theory, and Computer Simulations
Computer Simulations of Thermal Diffusion in Binary Fluid Mixtures
Thermodiffusion in the Critical Region
On the Theory of the Soret Effect in Colloids
Principle of Entropy Maximization for Nonequilibrium Steady States
A Comprehensive Theory of the Soret Effect in a Multicomponent Mixture
Thermodiffusion and Nonlinear Heat Equation
Nonequilibrium Concentration Fluctuations in Binary Liquid Systems Induced by the Soret Effect
Thermodiffusion in Ionic Solids —Model Experiments and Theory
Hip, Hip, Soret!
Experimental Techniques and Special Systems
Measurement of Transport Coefficients by an Optical Grating Technique
A Survey of the Thomaes Flow Cell Method for the Soret Coefficient
Validity Limits of the FJO Thermogravitational Column Theory
Determination of Thermodiffusion Parameters from Thermal Field-Flow Fractionation Retention Data
Thermodiffusion of Polymer Solutions in Convectionless Cells
Convection and Porous Media
Soret Effect and Free Convection: A Way to Measure Soret Coefficients
Convective Patterns in Binary Fluid Mixtures with Positive Separation Ratios
Convective Instability of Magnetized Ferrofluids: Influence of Magnetophoresis and Soret Effect
On the Soret-Driven Thermosolutal Convection in a Vibrational Field of Arbitrary Frequency
Thermodiffusion in Porous Media and Its Consequences
Soret Effect and Mixed Convection in Porous Media
Soret Effect in Multicomponent Flow Through Porous Media: Local Study and Upscaling Process.
- Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
Includes bibliographical references at the end of each chapters and index.
- Köhler, W. editor., Editor,
Wiegand, S. editor., Editor,
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/3-540-45791-7 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|