Adolf Franz Heep : um arquiteto moderno = a modern architect / Marcelo Barbosa ; apresentação = presentation, Salvador Candia ; ensaio fotográfico = photographic essay, Ana Mello.
- Other Title:
- 2. ed.
- São Paulo : Monolito, 2018.
304 unnumbered pages : illustrations, plans ; 27 cm.
- Heep, Adolf Franz, 1902-1978 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Architecture -- Brazil -- German influences -- 20th century.
Architecture -- Brazil -- Sao Paulo -- History -- 20th century.
Architects -- Germany -- Biography.
Modern movement (Architecture) -- Influence.
- Texts in Portuguese and English.
- Analytical texts on the architectural contributions of architect Adolf Franz Heep (Germany 1902 - Paris, France 1978) in the post-war context during the development of the emerging metropolis of São Paulo which was financed by coffee production capital and also in part by foreign capital along with the contribution of immigrant architects between the period of 1945 and 1960. It took only ten years for Adolf Franz Heep to inscribe his name in history as one of the most significant architects in postwar Brazil. If during his European period, he balanced between the German rationalism of Adolf Meyer and the freedom of the architectural culture of Le Corbusier, in São Paulo, he adapted to the economic, legal and climatic conditions of the modern Brazilian vocabulary. Producing for the real estate market, he created more than 30 buildings in downtown São Paulo, works with his own personality and even urban icons, such as the building Edifício Itália. However, in spite of being successful, his trajectory flirted with the disappearance of the following episodes: documents burned in the war, name erased from Corbusier's list of collaborators, projects without acknowledged authorship, lost professional collection and, finally, demolished works or mischaracterized. But the strength of its architecture continues to propel several researchers into the field - like Marcelo Barbosa, author of this volume, the first book dedicated to Heep.
- Apresentação = presentation / Salvador Candia
Introdução = Introduction
1. A formação = Training
Avenue de Versailles
Rue des Pâtures
2. A cidade = The city
O Estado de S. Paulo
3. O edifício = The building
4. A moradia = The house
5. O detalhe = The detail
Lugano e Locarno
Notas = Notes
Cronologia = Chronology.
- "apoio = support : Casa da Arquitetura, Centro Português de Arquitetura" --Title Page.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 290-293) and index.
- Candia, Salvador, writer of supplementary textual content.
Mello, Ana, photographer.
Centro Português de Arquitetura. Casa da Arquitectura, sponsoring body.
- Heep, Adolf Franz, 1902-1978. Works. Selections.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|