Essentials of mechanical ventilation / Dean R. Hess, PhD, RRT, Teaching Associate in Anaesthesia, Harvard Medical School, Respiratory Care Services, Massachusetts General Hospital, Lecturer, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts, Robert M. Kacmarek, PhD, RRT, Professor of Anaesthesia, Harvard Medical School, Director of Respiratory Care Services, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Other records:
- Fourth edition.
- New York : McGraw-Hill Education, 
xiv, 431 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm
- Artificial respiration.
MEDICAL -- Public Health.
- "A practical application-based guide to adult mechanical ventilation A Doody's Core Title for 2017 This trusted guide is written from the perspective of authors who have more than seventy-five years' experience as clinicians, educators, researchers, and authors. Featuring chapters that are concise, focused, and practical, this book is unique. Unlike other references on the topic, this resource is about mechanical ventilation rather than mechanical ventilators. It is written to provide a solid understanding of the general principles and essential foundational knowledge of mechanical ventilation as required by respiratory therapists and critical care physicians. To make it clinically relevant, Essentials of Mechanical Ventilation, Fourth Edition includes disease-specific chapters related to mechanical ventilation in these conditions"-- Provided by publisher.
"This book is intended to be a practical guide to adult mechanical ventilation. We have written this book from our perspective of nearly 100 years of experience as clinicians, educators, researchers, and authors. We have made every attempt to keep the topics current and with a distinctly clinical focus. We have reviewed every word and updated the content as necessary. We have added new content such as mechanical ventilation of the obese patient and advanced monitoring procedures. Concepts such as driving pressure are included. We have checked the content against recently published clinical practice guidelines. As in the previous editions, we have kept the chapters short, focused, and practical"-- Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Kacmarek, Robert M., author.
- Other format:
- Online version: Hess, Dean. Essentials of mechanical ventilation.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|