The fifth Beatle : the Brian Epstein story / written by Vivek J. Tiwary ; art by Andrew C. Robinson with Kyle Baker ; lettering by Steve Dutro.
- Other Title:
- Brian Epstein story
- First edition.
- Milwaukie, OR : M Press, 2013.
135 pages : chiefly color illustrations ; 32 cm
- Epstein, Brian, 1934-1967 -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Beatles -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Impresarios -- England -- Biography -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Oregon Milwaukie.
- "In 1961, twenty-seven-year-old Brian Epstein walked into a dank Liverpool basement to see an unknown rock band perform--and our world was forever changed. The fifth Beatle is Epstein's untold true story: the tale of a genuine visionary who discovered, managed, and guided the Beatles to unprecedented international stardom, rewriting the rule of the pop music business in the process. But Brian Epstein was also the ultimate outsider, constantly searching for a place where he might belong. He helped spread the Beatles' message of love to the entire world, yet died painfully lonely at the young age of thirty-two, consumed by staggering ambition and the endless, seemingly insurmountable struggles that came with it"--Page 4 of cover.
- Penn Provenance:
- Toccafondi, David, C'95 (donor)
- Penn Chronology:
- Robinson, Andrew (Andrew C.), illustrator.
Baker, Kyle, illustrator.
Dutro, Steve, letterer.
David Toccafondi, Dan Sung and Joshua O'Neill Collection of Comics and Graphic Novels (University of Pennsylvania)
Comics Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
9781616552572 (limited ed.)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|